I am gradually photographing them all to share. This one I made a very long time ago - somewhere in the early 80s. It was one of the first full size afghans that I made. I recall I did this over a number of years. Bored with the square granny I took on a 6 sided one. I did this one out of scraps, and then as a true obsessive compulsive had to work a pattern out with the colours.
You can see when I lay it out on the floor how I achieved a rainbow effect. This is very basic but very effective, particularly with the black borders.
This is another one that I recently dragged out of the cupboard. Another oldie but goody. I made this for my daughters bed when she was little. You can see how I grouped the colours in blocks of four and then joined them with a simple white dc join. I made this one after the black one, as I was over black, and felt like something a bit lighter.
The block is a pretty pattern with a flower type centre and a pattern of shells in the corners. These two are now at least 20 years old and still in pretty good nick.
Thanks for looking!