Saturday, December 02, 2006

Christmas Angel Tea Cosy - crochet



This is particularly kitsch but oh so cute. The Christmas Angel is an adaptation of the scallop tea cosy in my May post.

From this Scallop Tea Cosy pattern posted in May:

To this sassy Angel Tea Cosy in December. Imagine this little darling sitting on your Christmas table! Or whip up a few for gifts, packaged with some nice teas.


So here are the instructions. Remember there are Australian and American versions so make sure you use the correct ones. I hope you enjoy making this little sweetie and that she gives someone Peace and Joy at Christmas.

Australian Instructions
8ply yarn Size 8 or 4mm hook

Head Use flesh coloured yarn
1. 2ch, starting in 2nd from hook make 8htr, slst join.
2. 2ch, 1htr same space, then 2htr each sp around, slst join = 16
3, 4, 5, 6 work 2ch, 15htr around, slst to join = 16.
7. 1ch, 2dc tog, 1dc next 6, 2dc tog, 1 dc next 6, slst = 14
8. 1 dc each sp around = 14, do not join, cut off leaving length to sew onto body.

Angel Hair (I thread 3 stars onto yarn which I used in row 2.)
Using a large hook – 5mm and make a 3ch circle.
1. 3ch, then work 11tr into circle, 1slst to join.
2. 2ch, 1tr, then 2tr in to each st around = 24
3. 1dc, 1dbtr around. Finish off and stitch to head,

Follow the instructions to make a scallop tea cosy then stitch her head to the top. Using sparkly yarn you can dress up your angel.


Angel Tea Cosy
American Instructions


8ply/ worsted weight yarn Size 8 or 4mm hook

Head: Use flesh coloured yarn
1. 2ch, starting in 2nd from hook make 8hdc, slst join.
2. 2ch, 1hdc same space, then 2hdc each sp around, slst join = 16
3, 4, 5, 6 work 2ch, 15hdc around, slst to join = 16.
7. 1ch, 2sc tog, 1sc next 6, 2sc tog, 1sc next 6, slst = 14
8. 1sc each sp around = 14, do not join, cut off leaving length to sew onto body.

Angel Hair (I thread 3 stars onto yarn which I used in row 2.)
Using a large hook – 5mm and make a 3ch circle.
1. 3ch, then work 11dc into circle, 1slst to join.
2. 2ch, 1dc, then 2dc in to each st around = 24
3. 1sc, 1tr around. Finish off and stitch to head,

Follow the instructions to make a scallop tea cosy then stitch her head to the top. Using sparkly yarn you can dress up your angel.



This is an original design protected by copyright.

(c) crochetroo 2006. This also includes the images on this page as well as the pattern.
Do not reproduce pattern or images by any means. You may use it for personal use, gifts and charity fundraising. Do not sell to make a personal profit. I design with the intention of giving. This is the Christmas Spirit.

HAPPY GIVING!



15 comments:

Sherri said...

I loved the design Ill try and work one up:) Thanks for the Christmas gift! Blessings, Sherri

Ketutar said...

I have been enjoying your blog immensely :-)

I think your ideas are wonderful, you are a very good crocheter, the pictures are great, it's great that you use Australia as inspiration, and I love the light tone of your writing :-)

I think this is one of the best craft blogs I have ever seen :-)

Thank you :-)

Anonymous said...

I just love this angel tea cozy. I made my first tea cozy that is plain and don't like it, this is perfect. Thank you for the American instructions.
Diane in NC USA

Tina said...

What a cute idea for the scalloped tea cozy!! That is so adorable. I love the silvery yarn. You are so talented and creative. I always enjoy coming to visit your blog, too; and see what new creative idea you've come up with. :)

LadySnow said...

That is too cute! I made the scalloped tea cosy a couple months ago, but this is absolutely adorable. Great job.

Anonymous said...

That is so adorable for the holidays. I too love to read your blog. Your ideas are amazing and fresh. I'm also inspired by what you do. Please keep on sharing pics of your rugs as I also enjoy seeing those and your use of color.
Thanks for sharing!

Fidgement from the ville!

Anonymous said...

Just adorable. Thank you so much for sharing your patterns with us.

gramof4

Pyo said...

Lovely! Thank you so much for sharing!

StarKnits said...

wow your tea coazy is soo cute

Anonymous said...

it's so cute!!^^

and all your works are great! ;)

LG said...

Merry Christmas, Susan!
Feliz Navidad!

crochetroo said...

Thanks for all your lovely comments!

Anonymous said...

Just wanted you to know that I decided to try your tea cozy pattern. I love it, I have several different patterns for them and yours is by far my favorite. I works up so easy and is very attractive. I love your penguins to. I, too, am a designer. I do a lot of thread crochet and am really into dragonflies and had to have some designs with dragonflies in them. I am in the states so knew that I would have to look in Australia or England to find tea cozies for my cuppa. Don't worry about your pattern being difficult to understand, it isn't!!!! I got it on the first try. Sue

Anonymous said...

hello cup cake i tried for the longesttime before christmas to download the teaangel andit just didnt work. i tried off the net.. and yahoo..and msn just wasnt luck could send the pattern to for my addy is strawberry4ever654@hotmail.com and the other one is c_jolanda1@yahoo.com


it sure would be appreciated.. i wanted for christmas presents for some angel collectors.. you do wonderful work... by the way do you have any angels for the cristmas tree.. thought id ask
sincerely Carla

Anonymous said...

I love this and your other designs, too. The tea cozy will make a great Christmas gift. Thank you so much for sharing.